Advanced Technology and Techniques
The right tools really do make a difference when it comes to restoration work. The last 100 years has seen a massive development in the type and sophistication of the tools used.
The first written mold remediation protocol dates back to the 13th and 14th Century BC. The biblical book Leviticus outlines instructions on how to identify, isolate and restore a property impacted by mold. It's incredible. Things do not change. Things society had to deal with then, are the same things we deal with today; except, we have the help of technology.
Here's an example. Prior to the invention and use of a moisture meter, the only way to tackle a water damage loss is through brute force. Good sections of walls and material are removed so that teams can have their "eyes" on the problem. Now, a moisture meter prevents a team from removing senseless sections of wall and allows them to be targeted in a way previous generations could never dream. This is a win all around. For the restoration team, they do better work. For the homeowner, the scope and costs of the loss are controlled and limited.
At SERVPRO we are committed to using the best and most recent equipment available. The standards for restoration and remediation are outlined by The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC); it's this organization that sets practical standards for restoration and cleaning.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.