Commercial Storm Help
Church clean up!
Many businesses and commercial buildings were affected by this big wildfire storm too. In urgent times we may need to get things from these nearby establishments. Helping to make sure these places could stay open was one of our main goals. We helped a church that faced fire and smoke damage get back to its original conditions. This church was probably a refuge to a lot of people in the area and having it closed down, could have been a big deal to the community. We did our best to bring our crew in with the right equipment to remove the bad smells and rid it of the dust and ash all over the place. All the people who attended that church were so grateful for our services!
Wildfire Clean Up
Over the last year there has been many wildfires in our greater Diamond Bar area. We do our best to help those in need. Many homes were affected by this hot storm, some having to be evacuated, others just full of ash, and lots with their homes completely burned down to the ground. We stepped up and helped out, caring for people who would need restoration and clean up done after the fires were put out. There was lots of cleaning that needed to be done, the houses were super smokey and all the furniture inside smelled like it. We took care that right away. We wanted the families to be able to move back as soon as possible and we did our best to make that happen.
Commercial Clean Up
Cleaning up the church chairs!
Not too long ago we received a call from a local church that had been vandalized which is such a terrible act. They gave us a call and asked if we could fix the harmful damage done and clean up the inside, because there was a huge mess left by the punk people who thought that this would be fun. We gathered our equipment and tried to get to the church fast. There was a lot to do, but with the entire crew working on this job, it went by extremely fast. It always feels good to help the community out and make our area look beautiful again. The church goers were thrilled to see how nice everything looked and thanked us for our hard work!
Office Building Ceiling Leak
The damaged ceiling tile in office entrance.
In the Diamond Bar area, a local business sprung a leak and causing their foam ceiling boards to get soft and start to crumble. This incident occurred right in the entryway, making them worried about their businesses' appearance and forcing them to temporarily close. The ceiling became so soft to the point where it could fall down at any point. When we received the call we came right over with the right tools and equipment to remove the board and see where the leak sprung from. Once we stopped the leak, and figured out how to prevent this from happening again, we replaced the board. The office owners were very satisfied with our work and promised to use us again if they ever faced a problem like this again!
A little bit ago, we had the opportunity to help out our local Mercedes Benz dealership with a big problem they were facing. What started out as just a small pipe leak, grew to be a massive flood throughout the entire building. Due to all this water, they had to temporarily close down and that is the last thing the business owner wanted to do. They gave us an easy call and we rushed over to assess the situation. Our crew saw what needed to be done and made sure to bring correct equipment to stop the water and clean up the already damaged areas. We made this job a priority because we knew how important it was to get this place back up and running as soon as possible. In a couple quick weeks, everything was back to normal and good to go. They were extremely happy with our work and said they would call us next time they had an issue!
Bakery Back to Normal
Suited up and ready to go!
We do not stop at just residential jobs, we love commercial ones too! If we are able to give back or help out the community in some kind of way we will do it. This local bakery was suffering from mold damage. To lots of people mold can be scary and we may start to panic. You never have to worry when SERVPRO is on the job! The owner called us as soon as she found the damaged area and we came right over. Our guys saw what needed to be done and came back the next day suited up with all the equipment. They took action right away and did their best to get rid of the mold and see how they can prevent it from happening further. When the job was complete they were grateful for our work and happy they could be open for business once again.
"Raising" the Roof
The hole made to release the smoke.
When a fire occurs it can be very scary and the damage can we tremendous. When you dial 9-1-1 and the fire department arrives, they are going to try to put the fire out as fast as possible and make sure that it does not spread. During this process, they may have to cut a hole in your roof to release the smoke. Although this may not seem ideal because it leaves a giant, gaping hole in your house, it is a safe choice. No worries though! SERVPRO has got your back! We can take care of all that. From fixing the roof to cleaning your furniture that smells like smoke we can do it! We are trained professionals, so never hesitate to give us a call if a disaster like this happens.
How to Stay Cool During this Hot Summer
Although it may seem that Summer is already on its way out, the weather says different. Just because your kiddos are going back to school, it does not mean the weather is going to cool down. The image just shows one of the weeks in August, but other sites and articles say that August and September are some of the hottest times of the year for California. You and your family need to take certain precautions to stay safe out there. First, drink lots of water, because hydration is key and prevents heat stroke and fainting. Second, always apply sunblock. If you want your skin to be healthy make sure to apply it no matter where you go to prevent skin cancer. Third, rest up! Never push yourself too hard and not recover. Whether it is a good night sleep or a nap, it should be a priority. These are just a few helpful tips!
Patching up the roof
When a fire is put out, the results are insane. There is ash everywhere, everything was wet, your furniture and belongings get ruined. This would definitely be a stressful time for the homeowner. Our job at SERVPRO is to take away that anxiety and stress you are facing and fix revert your home to its original condition. Our crew is highly trained and qualified to handle situations like these. we do our best to get in there look at what we need to take care of and accomplish that as soon as possible. We would patch any holes or damaged areas the fire department may have caused when putting out the fire. Then, we would vacuum up any ash and clean up the debris. Next, we would clean the furniture to rid it of the smoke smell and make how it originally was. These are just a few steps in the process of dealing with fire damage.
New Media Blaster!
It's not everyday that our SERVPRO team gets a new piece of equipment, so we thought we would tell you about it! Our guys are extremely excited about the Media Blaster we bought! I know a lot of people may not know what this is so let us explain what it is! This blaster uses air shot at a high pressure to eliminate mold. This process happens at a way faster process than regular mold remediation without any machines and it able to reach tougher to get spots. Here at SERVPRO we love the environment and do not want to use any machines or products that could potentially hurt it. Our new Media Blasters are actually good for the environment, because only organic matter is used to remove this mold.