Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Tips from SERVPRO of Diamond Bar / South Pomona
When water damage affects your home or your business, the stress can be great. Our SERVPRO of Diamond Bar / South Pomona team members are prepared 24/7 in order to assist you when you need it. Since water damage can become greater as the time goes on, our SERVPRO professionals utilize not only our extensive training but specific equipment in order to mitigate your damage. It is important to take care of water damage in a timely manner so that mold may not begin to grow and your property is restored.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (909) 860-1748
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.